3.02.2011

a new video!

I just finished making a new video!  I was trying to find a short YouTube clip to show 8th grade prior to using plaster craft that illustrates how it's used.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that fit our needs... so I made my own!  I borrowed a flip video camera from Mrs. Lazzaro and put it on a tripod.  As we made our own plaster hands, we filmed it, and I edited it down into what you see below.  In making this video, I learned how to "speed up" the film so you could see a longer project happen over a short time.



Now, students who use plaster in future classes can see how we did it before they get their hands all dirty!  Seeing the process makes planning your own project a lot easier, because you know what to expect when working with the material.

Hope you enjoyed our video!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use Past'r Craft by Pacon? If so, I love that stuff! We used it recently for a project too. Check it out here: http://ms-artteacher.blogspot.com/2011/03/plastr-craft-by-pacon-fish-sculpture.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So similar! I use a generic version of the product that's less expensive. But it's the same idea - love your fish sculptures!

    ReplyDelete

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...