4.19.2011

Help fund our Donors Choose project!

While I was fortunate enough to benefit from Mrs. Bensfield's "Crochet Coral Reef" Donors Choose project, I've never actually tried to fund my own Donors Choose proposal... until now.

I've been researching wireless graphics tablets for a while now, and my original plan was to go out and buy one for the art room, probably with my own money, to use for presenting information to class, but also to collaborate and pass it around to students to draw with on the computer.

...so you can probably imagine my dismay when I discovered that a decent wireless tablet costs almost $400!  I'd really like the Wacom Intuos4 Wireless tablet because I've heard really good reviews about it.

So pretty! 

My proposal is on Donors Choose right now, and it's called "Drawing Through The Air?  Yes You Can!" Here's my plan:

A wireless graphics tablet would enable greater control and ease in presenting information to classes, both by the teacher and by the students. We can use the tablet to control presentations (such as PowerPoint and Prezi), and to annotate the computer screen while watching up on the projector as a whole class.

Another motivating and fun use of a wireless graphics tablet is to collaborate on a single drawing by passing the tablet around at our seats, with each student taking a turn adding to the final digital image.

A wireless graphics tablet is a useful tech tool for both the teacher and the students in the art room. It is an piece of equipment that will be used for many years to come, and will give students a "taste" of what it's like to use professional artist's tools.

Thanks in advance for your support!  Please tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...