1.07.2011

BIG messes all in the name of making ART!


Eighth grade students spent their first week back from winter break making marbled paper using a shaving cream and food-coloring technique.  The process is EXTREMELY messy, as you can see from our photos here.  I had fun photographing everyone as they smiled for the camera with shaving cream hands.


Our marbled paper pieces will be used in a paper sculpture project.  We're making star lanterns that will hang from the ceiling!  I also had fun taking some photos with my Christmas present: a Fujifim Instax camera.  It's like a mini-polaroid camera that takes photos like these:


I love the super fun size of these mini photos!  Plus, the camera is a really cute rounded shape.  I love functional objects with interesting design, so it's no surprise that this camera appealed to me.

Did you get any good gifts over winter break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...