1.17.2011

The Sketchbook Project, completed!


I did it!  I finished my entire sketchbook for The Sketchbook ProjectMr. Leban and I were up LATE Thursday night completing the books, and I ran to the post office Friday to mail them out.  But they are finally finished!  Here is a preview of my book:




As you might've guessed, many of my pages are about school.  My book's assigned theme was "secret codes."  Sometimes I disguise the people or objects I'm making art about as other things because I don't want people to know.  Other times my drawings can be very obvious and you know exactly what I'm trying to say.  Both ways of making art can be good.  I like to see what people think the art is about - they don't have to feel the same way that I do about a picture.


Hey!  There's a Sandburg Art sticker!  If you use a QR reader on that code, it takes you to the Sandburg Art website!


This is one of those pages that doesn't have any "secrets."  It's just about squares.


I like this drawing.  I was working on it in school while 8th graders were drawing, too.  You might have seen it in class even!

Want to see the whole thing?  Want to check out the sketchbooks that others have done?  The Sketchbook Project is going on TOUR!  It'll be in Chicago at the Hyde Park Arts Center July 14-17, 2011.  See the tour site for other state's exhibitions.  I definitely plan on stopping by the Chicago one!  Mr. Leban will be there too.  He has his own book (theme: "Revenge") and a book by his students from Brooks Middle School in Oak Park, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...