12.14.2010

Preview of 8th Grade Photoshop Project


This is a preview of what's to come for 8th grade art.  After the holiday break (which starts after this Friday!), we will be creating Photoshop images using our typography sculptures and some background photos of the school I took back in the fall.  Thank goodness I took those photos back when the weather was nicer... I wouldn't want to be out in the snow right now!

I used a photo of my typography sculpture and placed it onto the background image.  This is done using the "Magic Extractor" tool in Photoshop - we'll learn it in class, so don't worry if you don't know how.  If you do it once, you get the basic idea, so you'll repeat the process to add a couple photos of yourself into the image.  I used one sitting and one standing, but you could do all sorts of things: fly in the air, climb the building wall like Spiderman, sit on top of your sculpture... you get the idea.

In preparation for this project, I took some nice photos of finished 8th grade work, which will soon be up on our Artsonia gallery.  But for now, here's a few of my favorites to come:


Are you excited for this project?  I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...