9.15.2010

Pottery Wheels

Last year I wrote and won a Thiems Grant from the Elmhurst Foundation for the three Elmhurst middle schools to purchase pottery wheels!

On Monday, Judy Huppert of Ceramic Supply Chicago came and did a demonstration for 8th grade art classes all about how to throw a pot on the wheel.  Here are a few photos from the demonstration:



I think we were all really impressed by how talented she was!  Students can't wait to start using the wheels to try out the techniques we learned for ourselves.

I've tried throwing before, and I can tell you that it takes A LOT of practice!  Wish us luck as we embark on this new challenge!  I leave you with a quick clip from the demo featuring some advice on centering your clay:

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...