5.22.2015

This Week in Art: 5/18 - 5/22

6th Grade Art:
6th Grade Art

This week, 6th grade students photographed their letter sculptures for Artsonia, wrote an artist statement about their work, and took their sculptures home! Be on the lookout, or view them all on our gallery here.

We also started our final fun project on Dale Chihuly, where we paint on plastic sheets and melt them into bowl-like/flower-like forms. Today we watched an awesome video about the Dale Chihuly Garden and Glass, and started sketching out designs.

7th Grade Art:
7th Grade Art

Seventh grade students have been working hard all week to finish up their monochromatic self-portrait paintings. So hard, in fact, that I wasn't going to interrupt anyone to write a bog post this week! We're on a deadline, after all!

We hope to have these finished and graded at the beginning of next week. After that, we'll be losing out the year with some experimental watercolor painting, just for fun!

8th Grade Art:
8th Grade Art
Mac's awesome ceramic box project!

"On Monday we worked on our collage for a project where you make an awesome collage and put a light somewhere on it. I chose to make it for my grandma who loves golfing so I made a person golfing and the ball is the light. when I finished that later in the week I worked on my pixel portrait. Also we took pictures of our ceramic projects and posted them to Artsonia. And we get to bring them home on Friday."
- Mac B, Period 2

In other art news...

So, you many have heard the news already, but I am in my last couple of weeks as an art teacher. I have accepted a position to teach Computer Literacy next year (still here at Sandburg). Sure, it'll be weird to not be in the art room (I've been doing this for 13 years!), but I am excited about a new challenge. This blog will no longer be update after next week. You can still find me online via Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube... and there will be a new blog up and running soon, but you won't find me here. It's been a great ride, and I hope you've had as much fun as I have. :)

Thanks for another great week! One (and a half) more to go!
- Mrs. L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...