10.26.2010

Project Runway

I love Project Runway. The only thing that made me a little sad this season is that the shows are 1 1/2 hours long each week, which is a long show for me... so I usually DVR it so I can skip through the commercials.

I didn't get around to watching last week's episode until last night, so I didn't know who was going to the finale until just yesterday. (So don't spoil the winner since I probably won't see it until later!!!)

My favorite contestant all season is Mondo Guerra.  If you haven't watched the show, here's a clip of some Mondo moments:



My favorite moment by far though was last week when the show visited Mondo working at his house. He talked about being in school and being younger and how he never seemed to fit in. Here's what he had to say:
"You might doubt that you're cool because you draw or you paint and you're not outside playing baseball... you know? You ARE cool!  ...It just might take a little while..."

What I love about this quote is that Mondo (now as an adult) realizes that not everyone fits into a specific category of what's "cool" or what's "normal" or what's "weird."  Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and preferences, and what really matters is that you like yourself.  That's what might "take a little while."  It's hard to remember and to really believe this when you're younger and you're trying to fit in... sometimes "fitting in" isn't the way to go.  But of course, as an art teacher, I don't fit in either... the difference is that I'm okay with that and I like it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...