10.05.2009

ArtRageous Oak Park!

Although I teach in Elmhurst, I live in Oak Park, so I hear about lots of really neat art events that go on. Right now there's a 10-day event going on in Oak Park called "ArtRageous Oak Park" with a whole series of different events going on throughout the village. It runs through next weekend, and they have a website that details everything.

One of the events that really caught my eye was at a local store I love to shop at, called Fly Bird. They're hosting a LIVE artist collaboration - "10 in 10 days" - where 10 local artists are going to work in the store over 10 days. You can come in to shop and watch the artists work at the same time! Details are posted on the store's website.

A couple of artists will be part of the "10 in 10 days" event whose work I personally enjoy: Shawnimals (creator of Ninjatown and Pocket Ninja!) and Nerfect (creator of Diabolical Hot Dog!).

If you visit the event, take a photo and show it to me - I'll give you extra credit in art class!
:)

1 comment:

  1. that extra credit is a good one
    jobin t
    8th period

    ReplyDelete

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...