10.11.2006

"B" Term Extra Credit.

To earn extra credit for "B" term, I'm not posting a question. Instead, I want you to share a short story with everyone about how you used art knowledge or art language in your everyday life.

Sixth grade art classes should talk about color and how they needed to know about color for something they encountered in their everyday life.

Seventh grade classes should use their elements of art vocabulary and tell about a time when they used those words or concepts outside of school.

Eighth grade classes should talk about the principles of art and how they used one or more of those terms outside of art class.

Remember to include your first name, last initial, and class period in your post in order to receive credit. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Good call on the use of value when we choose paint swatches, Deane. Makes me think of the color wheel we have in the classroom. (p.s. You're in first period art class!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the elements of art in our art projects at school, but you use them in other places as well. Take an ice cream cone. You look at it and see that it has circles, and triangles/ spheres and pyramids in it. You also see that it isn't flat, it 3-dimensional. It also has curved lines for the ice cream, and curved and straight lines for the cone. THere's also a lot of different colors in it. It can be green, ourple, brown, anything. THere's also many different shades of these colors. You can also look at it and think that it's smooth, and when you touch it, it really is. So if you can disect something as simple as an ice cream cone, than you can use art everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Alex Riehl from 1st period art class. I use texture in everyday life, especicially when I'm looking at art or typing(if the keys weren't smooth, I would have a pretty hard time typing!) We generally use more form than shape in our everyday lives, for instance if our pencils were flat, it would be a bit hard to write, but if a piece of paper were 3-D, it probably wouldn't fit in my folder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chloe w, per 1

    I use art vocabulary in everday circumstances. Like Deane said, with the paint swatches. I am painting my room yellow (its currently pink) and I had to take into consideration the values of the different hues.

    I just the other day was using shape and form to create a house for my cat (weekend project). I drew the shape of the house first and then had to change it into the form of the finished product. My cat, in turn, ripped up the cardboard house, but I learned about how to create buildings using shape and form!

    ReplyDelete

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...