11.23.2010

National Board Certified!


I am very excited to share with all of you that I have earned my National Board Certification!  I just found out last Friday.  It's a pretty cool accomplishment.  Read below for more info:


What Is National Board Certification?

National Board Certification is an advanced teaching credential.  It complements, but does not replace, a state’s teacher license.  It is valid for 10 years and is a voluntary program.  Teachers earn National Board Certification upon successful completion of a program designed to recognize effective and accomplished teachers who meet high standards based on what teachers should know and be able to do.  As part of the certification process, candidates complete 10 assessments that are reviewed by trained teachers in their certificate areas.  

(Above adapted from http://www.nbpts.org/)

As part of this program, I had to videotape myself teaching class and write papers (usually 10-15 pages each!) that examine and reflect upon what we do in the classroom.  Then I had to go to an assessment center and take a 3-hour written test!  Phew – what a lot of work!  But it was worth it in the end when I logged on to view my scores and discovered that I had passed!

I am very proud of my accomplishment and happy to share with you!

4 comments:

  1. Whoot WHoot For you!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment (and pay raise).

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on becoming board certified! -craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am interested to learn more about the process...

    ReplyDelete

FOR STUDENTS:
Please comment as ANONYMOUS, but label your comment (in the text box) with your first name, last INITIAL, and class period in order to receive credit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...