Disclaimer: I'm totally ripping off Mr. Leban's post about our family field trip to the Milwaukee art museum. Want proof? Visit his page at www.mrleban.com or the original post here.
Here's a collection of 12 photos Mr. Leban put together from the trip that he and I made to the Milwuakee Art Museum several weeks back. The
architecture of the building is amazing. We even had the opportunity to
see the building "open" while we were there. If you're ever up north, I
suggest you stop in.
1. The lobby of the museum.
2. A pencil bag I bought at the gift shop.
3. Me on the bridge. The "sails" of the
building are open in the background.
4. A view of the courtyard from the bridge.
5. Chinese Contemporary Warriors
by artist Yue Minjun.
6. I'm scolding a Cy Twombly.
7. Andy Warhol
8. Roy Lichtenstein
9. "St. Dionysus" by Kehinde Wiley
10. Shadow box by Martha Glowacki
11. A cool sculpture but I forget the artist.
12. "Refrigerator Pies" by Wayne Thiebaud
We had a lot of fun on this trip. We even took our dog with us! He wasn't allowed into the museum, of course. He had to hang out at the hotel. I don't think he minded, though - he had an entire full sized bed to himself!
Have you been to any art museums lately?